Information for Clients and Patients
Access Health and Community is still open
Updated – 19 July 2021
Access Health and Community is open but there may be changes to our services during the lockdown from Friday 16 July 2021.
- Our doors may be closed but we’re still open.
- We will need to ask you some screening questions before your appointment.
- Your appointment may change to telehealth if it’s possible to do so. We will call you if there are any changes to your appointment.
We will continue to provide essential health and community services, COVID-19 vaccinations and telehealth appointments during the lockdown.
If you’re booked for an appointment over the next week, our team will be in touch with further information.
We will continue to provide you with high-quality and safe care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our medical practices in Richmond, Hawthorn and Doncaster are open and providing services to patients either in person or via telehealth.
- If you don’t have a Medicare card, we will need a $40 upfront payment as no Medicare rebate applies.
- If you would like to book a telehealth video consultation, please phone our reception team on 9810 3000 to make an appointment.
- If you have a face to face appointment you are required to respond to our COVID-19 screening questions.
- New patients will need to call reception on 9810 3000 to make an appointment
- Our pathology services provided by 4Cyte Pathology remain open.
- Our Dental Service has a crucial role to play in helping to prevent further transmission of COVID-19 in the community.
Our dental team is able to support you and your family with most dental care. There are still some changes to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19 in the community. Our team of skilled professionals will advise you of any changes that impact you.
- Under circuit-breaker restrictions (from 28 May 2021), metropolitan Melbourne public dental health services are practicing under Level 3 Restrictions- Emergency Essential Dental Care Category 1 & 2. This means all routine non-essential care will be deferred until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. We will update this page when this occurs.
- Our dental team continues to be available to you and your families over the phone
( 9810 3000 Option 2 ).
- Please call us if you are experiencing any dental discomfort and we can organise for you to discuss it with our dental team and how best to address your concerns.
- Our mental health, headspace Hawthorn and AOD treatment services are open and providing face to face appointments. If you wish to have a telephone or video link appointment, please let us know and we will arrange it for you.
- Our Needle & Syringe Program (NSP) remains open at Hawthorn and Doncaster East and staff will collect the equipment for you.
- Our group programs are running running face to face.
- We are offering community outreach services, while complying with the COVID-19 requirements.
- For mental health and AOD please call 9810 3070 for more information or to make an appointment.
- For headspace Hawthorn please call 9006 6500 for more information or to make an appointment.
Update for Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Podiatry, Audiology
- Our Child & Family and ECIS team are primarily supporting children and their families through telephone and video link. Essential face to face services – clinic and outreach – are available subject to eligibility. Your clinician will call you first to discuss the best way to provide your child and family with care.
- Virtual parenting groups and provision of Newsletter information is continuing at this time.
- Please call 9978 8698 for more information and to make an appointment.
- Our Allied Health Professionals are now seeing clients in the clinics or at their homes but are also doing this by telephone or video link where this is the safest option. We are working hard to see time-critical patients as soon as possible to prevent hospital admissions. Your clinician will call you first to discuss the best way to provide your care.
- Many of our exercise and clinical groups are still available and being provided by video-link. Our staff can call you to help set this up. Our staff can provide you with support over the phone as well.
- Please call 9810 3000 and press ‘3’ to change an appointment or press ‘4’ for new appointments.
- Our Neighbourhood House programs are being delivered virtually through phone or video links.
- Hawthorn Community House Childcare has re-opened.
- Men’s Shed is available via online chat. Please phone 98401681 to register
- Hawthorn Community House Childcare is closed until 5 October 2020.
For up to date information visit:
- Some Social Support classes based at Richmond-Art/Drawing, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Gentle Yoga and Gentle Exercise being provided virtually through video links.
- Our carer respite service is open and providing respite for people in their homes and at our centre in Richmond. Our staff will contact you first to discuss the best way to provide you and your loved ones with care.
- We have suspended all excursions until further notice.
- Please call 9006 9580 for more information, or to arrange respite.
- Camcare’s Emergency Relief and Community information & Support services are still running but are only available between 10am – 2pm Monday – Friday.
- Counselling and Case Management services are open and providing services using telephone or video link where possible. We are still providing services face to face. Your clinician will call you first to discuss the best way to provide you care.
- Integrated Family Services and Parent Support programs are supporting families via phone or video link. Your worker will call you first to discuss the best way to provide your child and family with care.
- For more information, visit https://camcare.org.au/ or call 9831 1900.
Please use the intercom at our main sites as the doors are currently locked.
To help protect the health of our staff and the community, you will now have to press the intercom button to be granted access at our Richmond, Hawthorn Doncaster East and Ashburton sites.
To reduce the time you will need to wait, please only come to our sites five minutes before your allocated appointment time.
Your honesty will save lives
Our team are here to help everyone in our community stay safe and healthy. You can help by answering their questions honestly. Our staff will ask about your recent travel and health. Please think carefully before answering, so we can keep everyone safe.