Our Commitment to Child Safety
Children and young people's safety is our priority.
At Access Health and Community we:
- have ZERO tolerance for abuse towards children and young people
- take seriously any concerns about a child or young person’s safety
- have strong systems in place to protect a child and young person from abuse
- are committed to children and young people’s safety, participation and empowerment
- are dedicated to promoting the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people, and children and young people from other diverse backgrounds
- have a Code of Conduct for our workers and volunteers on how to behave when working with and around children and young people
- provide training and education to make sure everyone understands what to do
- hire people who are appropriate to work with and look after children and young people’s safety
- will always take steps to minimise child and young people’s safety risks and concerns
- have Child Safety officers to help our people review our practices and policies to keep children and young people safe from abuse and harm.