Protecting your Privacy
Access Health and Community (AccessHC) is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and staff
Collection, Use & Disclosure
We will treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will only use or disclose it for purposes directly related to your care and treatment, or in ways that you would reasonably expect that we may use it for your ongoing care and treatment.
We may access information:
- provided directly by the patient
- provided on the patient’s behalf with the patient’s consent
- from a health service provider who refers the patient to medical practitioners
- from health service providers to whom patients are referred.
Personal information collected by us may be used or disclosed:
- for the purpose the patient was advised of at the time of collection of the information by us
- as required for delivery of the health service to the patient
- as required for the ordinary operation of our services (i.e. to refer the patient to a medical specialist or other health service provider)
- as required under compulsion of law
- where there is a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health, or safety
- a serious threat to public health or public safety.
If you have any questions about the privacy of your information please email our Privacy Officer firstname.lastname@example.org