Audiology for Children
We provide comprehensive hearing assessments and advice regarding the management of any hearing loss.
Our experienced audiologist works with children from nine months upwards.
Our audiology services
- Hearing assessment
- Management of hearing problems
- Auditory processing assessments
- Ear wax removal
- Development of swim and other ear plugs
- Supplier of noise protection
- Visual reinforcement audiometry for children nine months to two and a half
- Play audiometry for children two and half to six years
- Audiometry for children over six
- Tinnitus and hyperacusis management
- Specialised testing for children with global development delay and austism spectrum disorder.
How to make an appointment for audiology services and hearing test for kids
Our Audiology for Children service is available at the following location:
Fees and payments
We offer services for all members of the community. Some of our services prioritise access to people and families with greater health, economic and social needs. We set the costs of our services based on income ranges. These income ranges are based on the Centrelink Income Test for pensioners. See our current income tables.
A small gap payment applies if you are on a low income or have a valid Health Care Card.
If you are on a medium or high income, please refer to the fee and funding options table. There are multiple funding options including:
- Medicare rebates
- private health insurance rebates
- Helping Children with Autism (HCWA)
- NDIS funding under clients’ NDIS plans
Medicare on line and individual private health insurers can provide more information about available rebates
If you want to talk to someone about fees, please call 03 9810 3000. We are here to help find the best solution for you.
Do I need a referral to see the audiologist?
No referral is needed. A referral from a team care arrangement or from an Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor or Neurologist will receive rebates.