We focus on empowering local individuals and families.
Camcare is a not-for-profit, community based organisation. We assist people from Boroondara and neighbouring areas who are facing personal hardship or difficult life circumstances.
- information, referral and advocacy
- support for older people in the community to build connections
- emergency relief: donated food, small grants for students and fresh produce from our kitchen garden
- family support
- support and connections to services for families with a history or current experience of family violence
- wellbeing counselling services for people in the community who are facing challenging times, from new parents, to school students, to those experiencing past or present relationship issues
- parenting groups to build strategies and confidence to become effective parents and for vulnerable new mothers to make connections and share information
- practical assistance to prepare tax returns or learn how to use the internet via the Be Connected program (previously called Broadband for Seniors)
- monthly community BBQ to bring people together for a meal and friendship
- short-term, goal-oriented psychological support, including PS4Kids, youth and adult services.
Call 03 9831 1900 to get in touch with the Camcare team.
For more information click here