Psychology for Children
Our psychologists help children and their families work through challenges in a safe and supportive environment. Sessions with young children are often fun and play based. We can provide support and effective strategies for parents.
Our psychologists provide services for children aged 0-12 yrs who need support with:
- Behaviour difficulties – aggression, non-compliance, sibling conflict, sleep problems
- Managing emotions – anger, worry or sadness
- Social skills – social interaction difficulties, withdrawing from peers, shyness, conflicts with others, self confidence
- Play skills – sharing and playing with others
- Learning difficulties.
Our psychology services include:
- Initial screenings – including team screenings
- Physiological, cognitive, developmental and behavioural assessments
- Child and family sessions
- Group programs
- Consultation and advice for families
- Parent education groups
- Training and advice for service providers
- Referral to other services if required.
How to make an appointment for psychology services for children
Fees and payments
We offer subsidised and fee-for-service health care with private health insurance rebates available. The cost of services depends on your income level and we will help you access funding you are eligible for.
We support National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) clients.
Medicare online and individual private health insurers can provide more information about available rebates
Ask us how we can help you.
Detailed fee information
We decide fees based on income ranges. Check our income range tables for exact ranges.
Low income: There are no fees for your child to see one of our psychologists if you are on a low income or if you have a valid health care card.
Medium income: If you are on a medium income, there is a $15 fee for your child to see one of our child psychologists.
High income: For families on a high income, please refer to the funding and eligibility page. There are multiple funding options including:
- Medicare rebates
- private health insurance rebates
- Helping Children with Autism (HCWA)
- NDIS funding under clients’ NDIS plans.
I’m finding my child’s behaviour difficult to manage, can you help?
Yes. Our psychologists are experienced in helping parents to develop strategies to manage their child’s difficult behaviour. We provide individually tailored support for a variety of behaviour difficulties. Our strategies are based on evidence-based psychological practice.