Occupational Therapy for Children
Our occupational therapists work with your child to help them become more independent and skilled in their daily activities.
We work closely with you to ensure your child’s goals are achieved.
Our occupational therapy services are for families with children aged 0-12yrs who need support with:
- Physical skills – hopping, skipping, running, coordination, balance, ball skills, fine motor skills
- Self-care – dressing, shoelaces, using a knife/fork, opening lunch boxes, toileting
- Behaviour and sensory issues – cannot sit still, gets overexcited or is hard to calm, hard to concentrate and pay attention, over or under sensitive to touch, noise or movement, giving up easily, avoid messy play
- Play – using play equipment, taking turns, playing with others, restricted range of play interests, pretend play, making friends
- Social skills and self confidence
- Activities in childcare, kinder or school- handwriting, scissor cutting, drawing, concentrating, following instructions, shapes/puzzles/construction, being organised and taking care of belongings
- Readiness for school.
Our occupational therapy services include:
- Initial screenings – including team screenings
- Detailed assessment
- Individual/group therapy programs
- Consultation and advice for families
- Home, kinder and school visits
- Parent education
- Training and advice for service providers
- Home programs
- Referral to other services if required.
How to make an appointment
Fees and payments
We offer subsidised and fee-for-service health care with private health insurance rebates available. The cost of services depends on your income level and we will help you access funding you are eligible for.
We support National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) clients.
Medicare on line and individual private health insurers can provide more information about available rebates
Ask us how we can help you.
Detailed fee information
We decide fees based on income ranges. Check our income range tables for exact ranges.
Low income: If you are on a low income or if you have a valid health care card there is a $10 fee for your child to see one of our occupational therapists.
Medium income: If you are on a medium income, there is a $15 fee for your child to see one of our occupational therapists.
High income: For families on a high income, please refer to the fee and funding options tables . There are multiple funding options including:
- Medicare rebates
- private health insurance rebates
- Helping Children with Autism (HCWA)
- NDIS funding under clients’ NDIS plans