Diversity & Inclusion
Equity is important to us and we take it seriously.
Equity is one of our defining values
Equity is important to us and we take it seriously. We’re committed to:
- Promoting diversity in our community through all levels of the organisation.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, who understands the needs of our community
- Ensuring access to services and programs.
We aim to support our core values
We support our core values by:
- meaningfully acknowledging, engaging with and delivering services with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
- actively recruiting staff cognisant of the needs and expectations of an ever diverse client group
- developing our workforce through training and organisational culture change
- providing services which are universally accessible and culturally appropriate to our clients
- celebrating the diverse communities we work in.
Our priority groups
When managing demand, our community health program prioritises access for groups who:
- experience poorer overall health
- face barriers to accessing adequate healthcare
- are economically or socially disadvantaged
- have complex care needs.
Our program’s priority population groups are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with an intellectual disability
- refugees and people seeking asylum
- people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- people with a serious mental illness
- children in out-of-home care.
Find out how we design our fees and payments, including our income table