Diabetes Care Clinic
Diabetes is a chronic disease which can lead to serious complications if not treated effectively by a specialist.
Wrap-around diabetes care by our diabetes specialists
Access Health and Community has a range of services for diabetics to support your care and treatment. If you are unsure whether you have diabetes then it best to contact your own Doctor or arrange an appointment with one of the doctors at our diabetes clinic. Your doctor will help diagnose and create a treatment plan. You can book an appointment with one of our diabetes specialist online or call us on 03 9810 3000.
Your diabetes doctor may recommend a range of treatment options. View our Diabetes Patient Information brochure to help you manage your care.
Find out more about managing diabetes and its symptoms on the Better Health Channel website.
Our team includes:
- Diabetes specialist doctors and nurses who can provide regular health checks to assess a number of factors relating to your diabetes. If your diabetes is well managed, you are encouraged to have a check at least twice a year. If your diabetes isn’t stable, we recommend a check is carried out more often.
- Diabetes nurse educators can provide information about diabetes, diabetes medication, assist with self-management, review blood glucose monitoring and discuss how to reduce the risks of complications.
- Podiatrists can check nerves and circulation to your feet, provide a foot health check and provide advice on foot care and footwear.
- Dietitians can talk about eating habits and provide advice on dietary recommendations for diabetes.
- Counsellors can help with stress management and adjusting to living with diabetes.
- Physiotherapists can provide information about the role of physical activity for health and wellbeing.
We also collaborate with Eastern Health Department of Endocrinology to run the Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service (IDEAS) in Doncaster East and Hawthorn.
How to make an appointment with our diabetes specliasts
Please contact our intake team at our Diabetes clinic on 03 9810 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Diabetes Care Clinic services are available at the following locations:
Fees and payments
We offer services for all members of the community. Some of our services prioritise access to people and families with greater health, economic and social needs. We set the costs of our services based on income ranges. These income ranges are based on the Centrelink Income Test for pensioners. See our current income tables.
If you have a chronic disease, a referral from your doctor may provide faster access to treatment, at a lower cost to you.
If you want to talk to someone about fees, please call 03 9810 3000. We are here to help find the best solution for you.